Careers Information for Tutors and College Staff
All college staff are involved in CEIAG for our learners; both to support their skill and knowledge development (e.g. through employability lessons, enterprise activities, work experience, skills for independence etc.) and to raise their confidence and aspirations. Staff are also responsible for ensuring learners have assess to accurate information (though research or referral) to help them make informed decisions about their future.
Useful information and teaching resources:
- Horizons College’s Careers Programme & Strategy Guide (pdf)
- Careers Policy (pdf)
- The Careers & Enterprise Company – a collection of resources to support CEIAG in schools and colleges is available here. (https://resources.careersandenterprise.co.uk/all-resources-all-one-place). A collection of SEND specific resources can be found here. (https://resources.careersandenterprise.co.uk/browse-category/send).
- Barclay’s Life Skills – resources developed by teachers to support employability skill development. They also have some SEND specific resources available. (https://barclayslifeskills.com/).
- Skills builder - free online resources to support development of essential skills required by employers and throughout life. (https://www.skillsbuilder.org/).
- icould – free online teaching resources, including quizzes and links to other useful websites and resources. (https://icould.com/teaching-resources/).
- My World of Work – session/lesson plans and other resources designed to make careers education inspirational and fun. (https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/teaching-resources/).
- Oak National Academy – videos and resource packs to support lessons around the world of work. (https://classroom.thenational.academy/specialist/subjects/independent-living/access-points/applying-learning/units/world-of-work-al-0804).
- Preparation for Adulthood – specialist resources for employability and independent living etc. (https://classroom.thenational.academy/specialist/subjects/independent-living/access-points/applying-learning/units/world-of-work-al-0804).