Equality at Horizons
Horizons College is committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all members of Horizons College community – learners, staff, Governors, parents and community members. Horizons College aims to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity where everyone, irrespective of their race, ethnic or national origin or their citizenship, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious belief or disability feels welcome, valued and able to participate fully in College life.
Horizons College recognises its general responsibilities under the Race, Disability and Gender Equality Schemes Duties to have due regard to:
- Continue to strive to ensure that everyone in Horizons College is treated with respect and dignity.
- Give fair and equal opportunities to each person in Horizons College to develop their full potential with positive regard to gender, ethnicity, cultural and religious background, age, sexuality or disability.
- Promote good race relations between persons of different racial groups and avoid racial discrimination, whether direct or indirect.
- Actively promote race equality, oppose racism in all its forms and foster positive attitudes, respect, equality and partnership as Horizons College works with learners, parents and the wider community.
- Promote equality of opportunity between disabled and non-disabled people.
- Eliminate discrimination and harassment.
- Promote positive attitudes towards disabled people. Encourage participation by disabled people in public life.
- Take steps to take account of a disabled person’s impairments, even where that involves treating the disabled person more favourably than other people.
- Promote equality of opportunity between the sexes.
To read more, please follow the link to the Horizons College Equality Diversity Policy